DATA CONVERSIONS, MIGRATIONS AND ONBOARDING
We know exactly how scary it sounds to switch to a new system. How can they possibly convert my years worth of data into new software? Will they be able to preserve my transaction history, links to attachments and other data I depend on? Will the historic reports match with the new ones? Will I end up keying my data in manually? Don’t worry, this is what we do.
No matter if your system is home grown, or just a bunch of spreadsheets. Carelion will convert and migrate your critical data from your old system to your new system, including all your historic transactions fully cleansed, validated and without discrepencies. You won’t be limited to historical lump sums. Trust us, your conversion and migration will most likely be relatively easy compared to some of the other ones we’ve handled.
Our dedicated team of conversion and migration experts will perform a complete analysis of your current data and make recommendations best suited for your specific situation. There are usually several options when it comes to migrating your critical business data from one system to another, and we offer various levels of data conversion and migration solutions to fit your business needs. The physical migration is only part of the process—our specialists will be in contact with you during the entire process, ensuring a smooth, hassle-free transition.
Transformation of data from one format to another. Data is extracted from a source, then transformed and loaded to another system. The actual extraction and conversion is based on a specified set of requirements.
Transferring of somewhat compatible data from one system to another, such as from one SQL database to another SQL Database properly mapped. The migration typically does not require conversion from one data format to another.
Here is a general process a typical conversion would follow:
- Identify Data Source(s): Review where the data is coming from and what information might be missing or inconsistent.
- Identify Data Destination(s): Create and review what the appropriate database(s) or system(s) the data will be transferred to will be. Define the data requirements and ensure the needed data can be properly translated and converted.
- Data Load and Review: Review, cleanse, validate and test the data being loaded into the new database or system for accuracy. Once the data has been validated it can be loaded and put into production.
Here is a general process a typical data migration would follow:
- Database Review: Review of the database and a review of the current implementation is conducted.
- Data Mapping: Thoroughly review the tables and data in the database to find unique tables and columns, as well as potential data discrepancies or inconsistencies. It’s important to track which tables the data currently resides in and where the data will be migrated to using data mapping.
- Migration: Once the mapping is complete, the migrated data can be transferred from the original database to the new database that can be tested and put into production.
Let's get it done!
Tell us about your project by filling out the form below.